Do you need custom parts made for your special project?
Nearly 30% of our orders include custom made parts.
Whether you need a special ring cut or an entirely custom rocket design manufactured, we can
probably do it for you!
While we truly can help you build anything you can think of, before
placing a custom order please review the PML
Custom Work FAQ. We
discuss some of the limitations and requirements of the custom process that you
should be aware of.
You will be happy to know that we also have the fastest turn-around time on custom items in the entire industry.
Custom tube slotting & cutting, special rings & bulk plates, and custom fin cutting usually ship
between 48 and 72 hours from ordering.
Below is a list of some of the custom work performed by Public Missiles, Ltd. on a regular basis.
Please call 810-327-1710, fax 810-327-1712 or email PML
Central for a quote.
When emailing, attach your dimensioned drawing in JPG or GIF format only.
IMPORTANT: For custom fins, you MUST
use the Custom Fins Template.
Be sure to fill it out completely to avoid delays.
You MUST do one of the following three things regarding the fin tang
specification for your fins or your order WILL be delayed!
1) Write "No Tang" on
the custom fin template
2) Write the size of the airframe and the size of the motor mount on the
custom fin template and we'll figure out the tang for you and make the fins
with that size tang.
3) Write the size of the tang you want on the custom fin template.
For custom centering rings,
you must use the Custom
Centering Rings Template
ROCKSIM FILES AND CUSTOM PROJECTS:
welcome customers forwarding us RockSim files of their projects, as it
us understand what you’re after. However, YOU STILL MUST PROVIDE US A
DETAILED PARTS LIST OF WHAT YOU NEED, INCLUDING CUT LENGTHS, DIAMETERS, ETC. YOU
MUST PROVIDE US WITH THE SAME LEVEL OF DETAIL AS IF YOU HAD NOT INCLUDED THE
ROCKSIM FILE. We do not “decipher” RockSim
files to determine exactly which parts it contains. Look at the RockSim file as
a way to help us understand your parts list, not a way to produce
your parts list and measurement data.
- Tube cutting
- Tube slotting
- Tube dado slots
- Longer coupler tubes
- Centering rings to fit couplers
- Cluster centering rings
- Centering rings & bulkhead plates: 3/16" up to 3.9" diameter,
1/2" 9-ply for 6.0 through 11.4" dia. (If thicker CR's or bulkplates
are needed for up to 3.9" diameter, we recommend epoxying two 3/16"
- Custom G-10 fin cutting, any size and thickness to 0.188" (3/16"). Stock (non-special-order) sizes are 0.063", 0.093", and 0.125".
- Cutting & slotting of certain plastic or composite nosecones (see
- Vacuum bagged fiberglass airframe wrapping (see Airframes FAQ)
- Design, construction & launch services for movie special effects